Tuesday, August 20, 2013

AM I Listening for God? - Part I

I ask myself more often times than not - Am I listening for God?  I mean, really do I listen for instruction from my LORD.  This summer we covered He Speaks to Me by Priscilla Shirer.  This absolutely was a great time of studying God's word. 

I've often wondered about how and when He speaks and what I can do to facilitate or if I can do anything at all.  The study gave me some key points to remember and also gave me some time to reflect on whether or not I listen for God.

Here's what truly has helped me and made me take a closer look at my walk with God:

Being still and letting go of some of the busyness of my life

Being obedient to God's will

Being submissive and respecting His authority in my life

Being a follower and reading His word and understanding how it applies to my life today

I also have to look at myself and whether I trust Him.  Do I trust His plans for me or do I sabotage every experience to stay stagnant?  Do I really want an experience where He speaks and I listen and follow according to His will? 

There's much to reflect on when reading and much to change!

I encourage anyone who is looking for a study to consider He Speaks to Me.  I guarantee you'll be blessed!


                                                                                   **JourneywithJennifer**

And the LORD came and called as before, "Samuel!   Samuel!"   And Samuel replied "Speak, your servant is listening." (1 Samuel 3:10 NLT)       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.