Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Finally - Progress!

Me Today!

Me, March 17!





















It's been 8 weeks now and I feel better after seeing some results!  So far I've lost a little over 10 pounds!  I am excited and plan to continue on even after the contest at work is over.  I've also learned a few things about myself over the last few weeks and feel like that will help me through life in general as long as I recognize the signs.

 
1.  I am  and will continue doing a better job with my eating.  I have been pretty successful in keeping healthier foods around versus my go to foods when I am on the run-  fast food restaurants anyone.  I am not saying there aren't any healthy menu options.  I can eat a nice salad at McDonalds.  My issue is when I don't take out the time to stop and I am on the go that I don't make great choices!


2.  I cut back on the amount of food that I eat.  I have had my fav - chick fil a, but not too much.  If I am in a pinch, I eat half the amount of food and save calories and fat!  I fill up quicker and that's something I have to remember when eating any meal.  I have to listen to my body when it says "I've had enough".


3.  On the other hand, I still need to watch my calorie intake.  Some days I don't feel hungry and skip meals because I have a snack that "fills me up".  I need to ensure I eat at least 1200 calories a day to keep this healthy lifestyle going...


4.  Then again, on days when I am on my game, I eat more often.  I snack on dry roasted peanuts most days.  I also have yogurt and fruit.  If I wait until I am really hungry, it's easier to just say oh well and blow it for the day.  As long as I can remember to plan ahead, I can be successful. 


-- My niece got married this weekend.  We had to arrive prior to the ceremony for pictures.  I took my Special K Cereal and Yogurt for snacks.  I also had water.  I didn't feel any urge to eat a cheeseburger or fried chicken!


5. I have great support!  My family, friends, and coworkers are all there when I need them.  I love that we can suppport each other, be happy for each other and be competitive at the same time. 

--Sometimes I forget to ask for help.  I try to do it all myself when I should really just let someone know that I am in need of their help.


6.  I am not drinking enough water.  I don't get enough sleep at night; therefore all I want is to have caffiene throughout the day to keep me going.  I can break this habit!  I started this journey drinking more water than diet sodas.  I have to find my way back to the routine of wanting and drinking more water throughout the day.  I can do this - I've done it before.  Not sure I'm convinced!


7. I am realizing that I shouldn't be so hard on myself.  I definitely saw after my last post that I was starting to get down on myself.  I was up and down on the weight and I also had to stop my exercising!  My knee has been sore for a few weeks and after taking a break, it's much better.  This has been bothering me, but you know I have to claim the victory.  I know there are people praying for me because once I asked for those prayers, I started feeling better immediately. 


God is good all the time.  All the time, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.