Saturday, December 14, 2013

Today

I must say, today has been great!  I spent the day washing my hair, semi-cleaning the garage, pulling out the Christmas Tree, and decorating the tree.  I also had a late lunch with friends.  It was great because we were able to catch up!  I went to church for "A Royal Christmas" and had a late dinner with friends!  Dinner was good and the company, even better.  There's nothing like spending time with people who genuinely care for you!

I am writing this all down to say, I really did have a great day.

 But Today - Saturday, December 14, 2013.....

It's been a long time coming, but I had another good cry today.  I am so trying not to be sad.  I am just over it and want to get away from it all, but cannot.  I have to feel what I feel and then when I am ready, let it all go.  But this new life, new way of living, doesn't really let you "let go".  You sort of have to figure it out, but it's not truly letting go.

I miss my Granddaddy!  I miss our life, the life WE ALL shared for so many years.  It's not that I am not thankful for my days, it's just tougher.  I thought he'd be here forever.  He was the one we all knew would outlive each and every one of us.

The last few weeks have been tough.  I ended up with bronchitis.  Again.  I spent hours waiting to be seen by a doctor.  I complained about everything I had to do and all that I didn't get to do...I ran from a little dog.  I was genuinely terrified for 2 minutes.  I embarrassed myself and my family.  To sum it all up, I was tired so I spent my days whining because I just didn't have the strength for it all.  It's the time of year when it all runs together.

But you know, God.  He knows me and gives me His all.  I wouldn't have made it without Him.

Again, I am writing this all down to say, I really did have a great day.  I had a great week.

I was able to get a lot accomplished, both at work and at home.  I learned that I need to spend time encouraging and building up others in the faith (Romans 14).  We really do need one another.  My kid laughed at me because I ran from a dog.  I laughed too!  I slept in today.  My hair looks great.  I learned that I must practice speaking intelligently because I'll have more opportunities to speak out loud to other people on specific topics.  I listened to some of the most beautiful music about my God.  I finished my antibiotics.

I lived!  I am still here!

The God of peace be with all of you. Amen.  Romans 15:33 (HCSB)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.