Friday, March 23, 2012

A New Beginning

Week One of My Healhty Lifestyle Journey

My name is Jennifer and I am on my way to a healthier life.  Here is my story.  As a young girl, I was small and didn’t eat much, at least not foods that I didn’t like.  As a teenager, I was even smaller weighing only 102lbs.  I was active, energetic, and ate very little on most days.  It was inevitable that I would be small.  That was very tough for me because unfortunately everyone else was bigger.  I was teased constantly by family and friends.  I will say that my parents and siblings didn’t tease me about my weight.  They teased me about other things. LOL!  Here I am years later on the other end of the spectrum.  I am seriously overweight, actually obese.  Today I officially weighed in at 170.5lbs.  That’s heavy for a 5”2 person. I want to change the scales, change my life and become healthier.  I am concerned that I’ll end up with health issues that I know I could  have controlled if I had taken better care of Me.  I have elevated cholesterol levels.  I need to stabilize those numbers, reduce them if possible and never return there again.  If only it were a simple as speaking and boom, I am there.  I have decided to take charge of my life and put in the extra work required to be a healthy person.  NO, I don’t want to be 102lbs.  It’s not for me, but I do want to be healthy.   I just want to make healthy food choices but enjoy the food that I eat.  I am learning to cook, bake, fix a mean salad, and EXERCISE!  So today, and everyday, I will make better choices.  I will choose a better life.  I will succeed.  I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil 4:13 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.