Saturday, March 31, 2012

Growing

This has been a tough week!  It's spring break and all I wanted to do was relax and have fun.  This meant eat my FAV Foods everyday all day!  I need to get a life.  I talked to some coworkers this week and we discussed food and how we view good food.  We pretty much agreed that we have our comfort foods, foods that we don't won't to give up.  We also talked about the foods that we need during that time of the month.  Chocolate, cheese, salty/sweet anything, any junk food are all foods needed to get through that monthly cycle.  I cannot say that I am not one of those who eats that way because unfortunately I am.  I can eat a medium sausage pizza and cheese sticks from Papa Johns all weekend.  I must say that would have been ideal two months ago.  I guess I am finding that I don't have to necessarily indulge and totally loose control eating anything regardless of the effects on my body, but more importantly my health.  I am concerned about not only the number on the scale but the blood sugar and cholesterol levels.  That's what scares me the most.  So I have to really consider if that feeling of contentment after eating that special meal is enough to sustain me for more than a few hours.  It's not worth it nor will it ever be worth my healthy life.  Yesterday we went out for lunch and I had mild wings with a side salad.  It was pretty good.  I enjoyed every bite and must say it was enough.  I don't have the desire to go back for more as I would if I were eating peanut M&Ms.  That's a story for another day.  I have really found that I love the taste of granola, strawberries, and yogurt thanks to my good coworker Devan.  That is the best snack!  It is totally yum!  Although it's taking time, I am finding that there is another life out there that doesn't revolve around food, but my love and renewed thirst to know and grow closer to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  That's totally the best life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.