Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mama, I love you!

Dear Mama,

You loved me as you carried me in the womb.  I always knew it was you - my head turned when you entered a room.  Your voice was the first I was able to hear so I always knew when you were near.  Your touch so gentle and kind.  Your eyes smile and look just like mine.  As you held me close always there, your heart beat quietly in my ear.  Today and everyday I am happy to call you Mother.  You're the best and like none other...

Just remembering the days gone by, everyday I would ask you why.  A curious child I was, always questions just because.  You held me closely when I felt bad.  Always getting rid of anything sad.  You're truly the heart of a family.  Even when there is no Daddy.  You kept us fed.  You read to us when it was time for bed.  You're grandkids know there's nothing that you can't do, they say "Just call my Nan Nan, she knows what to do".  Today and everyday I am happy to call you Mother.  You're the best and like none other...

You took the time to check my skinned knee.  You understand that I like to sit and just be.  Through the years as I cried,  you stood by my side.  You knew there would be better days to come.  You knew I would get through that one.  There were so many times when I didn't want to try and you said kiss those times good bye.  Focus on what's good and true.   You can only be the best you.  Today and everyday I am happy to call you Mother.  You're the best and like none other...

Although He's given me life and that's everything, you taught me that it's still okay to dream.  As I walked across the stage on that special day, you looked at me with a smile in your own special way.  So proud of my accomplishments looking back wondering where the time went.  Watching the grandkids that you hold seeing that new love feed our souls.  Your kind words are all I ever need.  Gently whispering Jesus is the King of Kings.  Who knew what I could be.  Mama, you always knew I would succeed.  You're the one who knows me and loves me for me.  You know my Father has a journey paved so I should just wait and see.  God has truly blessed me indeed.  God has the best plans for me and a part of those plans is a Mother as true as can be.

Today and everyday I am happy to call you Mother. You're the best and like none other. ~JourneywithJennifer~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.