Thursday, July 12, 2012

He's always there!

He's always there!  Thanks to my Lord for always being with me.

I must say that the latest Biggest Loser Contest isn't as sweet as the previous.  I am not sure why, but for some reason, it's not the same.  I am not sure if I am pressuring myself about my weight gain.  Yes, gain.  I gained three pounds.  I am a little down about this, but not feeling like it's the end of the world.  I have learned that the body does really adjust to different foods.  I ate salads - I saw less fat, bloating, inches, and weight.  I drank more water, I saw more junk leave my system.  I am just a little burned out on the salads and eat more fruits, veggies, and proteins.  The basics have been enough.  At least now I feel like I actually have food in my stomach and don't feel weak and fatigued.  I am not sooo hungry.
Oh, yes, back to the weight gain.  SPLURGE ANYONE??  Yes, I decided to enjoy my favorite hot dogs, ice cream, peanut butter cookies, and chips during the holiday.  Unfortunately, I loved it a little too much.  In my defense it's difficult to tell your family that you cannot cook, bake or even eat favorite foods because you're trying to lose weight.  You really cannot use this excuse on special occasions.  You have to go ahead and make a choice and eat and cook and eat some more.  I guess this isn't funny though..maybe a little sad.

I still feel like I need to be in control and that by eating and then eating more, I am not in control.  Hello, I should know by now that I am not in charge of anything..One thing the weight loss has done is take some of the pressure off.  Once you let yourself know that hey this isn't working and definitely isn't correct, improvements can be made.  And, you should give yourself a break.

I am excited to say that God's been with me through all of this yes indeed.  Typically I get down on myself and my goals if I gain a pound.  Well, I gained three and don't feel like it's the end of the diet as I know it and on to eating more food.  NO, I realize that doesn't help me and that I should consider how my actions will affect me in the long run if I never stop and just take a chance on losing these 20 extra pounds I am carrying.  Yes, the kid has lost 15 pounds and has a few more to go..

I am never giving up and never giving in.  I am in this all the way and my Lord, He's not even a step away.  He's always right here...

~JourneywithJennifer~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.