Sunday, December 7, 2014

What does it mean to depend on Jesus?

Today our Pastor asked What does it mean to depend on Jesus.  I immediately had tears in my eyes because that's been in my thoughts and prayers, on my heart for a while now.  I've felt like I'm not truly relying on Him and resting on His promises for me.  It's the same old thing - lay something down and pick it back up again.

One of my biggest struggles has been worrying.  I've worried so much in the past that it has made me sick.  I had to drop to my knees!  It was all too much and I just needed Him.  No questions asked, I needed His peace.  If you know Jesus, then you know He gives it to you over and over again!  Or perhaps we find it again... I remember when I accepted Jesus as my Savior, I had peace that I didn't understand.  It was true freedom!  Oh those days were bliss!  He gave me everything and more, but did I truly accept what was given?  He conquered the grave.  He left it all there on the cross just for me.  It was as if my little problems were too big for Jesus... That's my reality for what I was doing.  (This was huge for me.)

Has anyone else done that or just me? 

So my answer to the question is I need Him like nothing else in my life.  Everything I have and am is because of Him.  I can keep moving when I fall, because He's why I get back up.  I can pray for our children and encourage them each day!  I can forgive people, even if it takes a little time, because He's forgiven me!  I miss my Daddy and everyone of my family and friends who are no longer with us.  But, I have peace because they know Jesus.  I get up and live my life everyday because I know He has more for me.  I can go out in this world everyday because of Him! 

I am really trying.  And when I stop trying and give it to Him, it's all good! 

Praying daily to lay down my worry and fears, setbacks and comebacks, giving them all to Him, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!  Amen.

 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV



                                                                              Jennifer Edwards (JourneywithJennifer)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.