Saturday, April 28, 2012

New Thoughts versus Old Habits – Part II



I am using myfitnesspal to monitor my food intake during the week, but not on weekends.  I am starting to think journaling on weekends would be helpful too.  I don't know that I am eating enough because for a few days I ate fewer calories than the 1200 allotted to meet my fitness goals.  Oh yes, I guess I forgot that I was only allotted 1200 calories a day!  What a suprise for me because I never thought I would make it on 1200 calories.  I thought I would just melt away....

I didn't melt away...... and I realize now that I was planning things out when I started off.  I would make sure I had enough fruit, yogurt, granola, salad, etc.  I would also plan out days to exercise and stick to my plan.  Now that I am not planning as much, I am eating less.  I am finding that the less I eat, the hungrier I am.  I then end up eating BE&C biscuits because they are cheap and convenient.  Everything is about convenience.

Speaking of convenience, for parents with school age children, the year is starting to wind down.  We now have school programs, church concerts, spring shows, playoffs, tournaments, recitals, etc.  Our schedules are even more hectic than a month ago.  If we're not careful, we can quickly find ourselves in our old patterns of putting our families ahead of ourselves.  This would be in the form of skipping exercise dates, forgetting to eat meals, conveniently going through a fast food restaurant's drive-thru.  That's what I am doing.  I am so concerned with my family's schedule, that I am no longer concerned with myself.  I should be concerned about our diets, not just my own.

Speaking of my own - My Family and Friends are great!  Thanks to everyone for the support you've given over the last 6 weeks.  It has been a journey, one that I am finding is even greater than I expected.  I am learning and that's a gift!  I am looking forward to the next 6 weeks, no matter the challenge or reward.
Love - It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:7-8a)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.