Sunday, May 4, 2014

Prayers -- Believing in God!

Today is a new day and I have a prayer for anyone who does not believe there's a God - the one true God.  I wrestle with this unfortunate truth at times because it's tough knowing there are people who do not have Jesus!

Each week my pastor asks if there's someone in our church who doesn't know Him and wants to know more about Him.  Last Sunday tears burned my eyes as I thought of my life without Him.  I thought "Lord, where would I be?"  And so just imagining someone else lost brought tears to my eyes.
 
Don't get me wrong here, I've had some days where I literally prayed for Him to help me overcome my unbelief.  If there was a prayer that hadn't been answered, doubts about His promises for me, or even if I believed He gave someone else a blessing that should have been for me, I had to take it all to Him.

I had to admit to myself that I had some unbelief and there's some work here that needs to be accomplished in order for me to grow.  I admitted my shortcomings and realized I couldn't work this out on my own.  I had to go to Him.  I needed Him and He came through for me. 

God is good!  I can honestly say those thoughts are now few and far between.

I attribute the thoughts, the doubts, and all the misunderstandings to me not knowing Him.  If I don't know Him, then I don't really know what His favor looks or feels like.  If I don't spend time with Him, then I can forget His goodness.  If I don't praise Him, then I can miss the blessing.  And that's a blessing I don't want to miss.  I don't want to miss the awesome feeling of knowing and believing in God!!

My Heavenly Father, I praise Your holy name.  I give thanks for all we've been given and for what is to come.  Lord, I am amazed at how much You love us all.  You sent your one and only Son to die for all of our sins so that we may spend eternity with You!  Lord, without You, we are nothing.  Lord, with You, we can do all things and we give thanks.

My prayers are for all who do not know You.  People are broken and do not know they're broken.  They are in need of healing and do not know they need to be healed.  Our lives are empty and need to be filled.  I ask that our hearts and minds are healed in Jesus' name.  I ask that we all recognize that our longing is for You!  Please help us overcome our unbelief.  May we all confess Jesus is Lord and give glory to God!  In Jesus's name I pray, AMEN!

                                                                            **JourneywithJennifer**

that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:10-11 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.