Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Dear Daddy!

I am thinking of you today like most days.  It's hard living without you....

You are in my heart and my love for you is still strong.  If ever there was a time when I wanted most to talk, it's these days.  I miss my mentor who taught me so much about Christ.  We're studying the Book of Acts, written by Luke at church this season.  I know how much you loved reading books by the Apostle Paul.  A great story found in the Book of Acts is of Saul becoming Paul!  Something so great about the Bible is learning something new all over again.

It's tough and it's been so amazing living here knowing you've gone on.  It's like the world is a different place because I don't see your face.  It's like the world stopped turning and started again.  It's like the breeze that you never want to stop because it's sooo hot outside.  Can I stop the tears, can I end the fears?  The fear of longing, to talk to you and get a hug from you.  If I could have just one more day, even an hour just to sit with you....

I want to say that I am happy.  I want to say that my family goes to church every Sunday.  I want to say that we love the Lord.  I want to say that we love Bible Study.  I want to say that we pray together everyday.  I want to say that we have our plan, our mission from God.  It's simple - Just know Him.  We learned that from you.  Reading the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey and Discovering God's Purpose for Your Life by Beth Moore helped us in that we're able to focus on our purpose in life and move through life knowing our purpose lies in Him.

I think of you when I am outside in the rain.  Everytime my baby wants to be picked up, I think of you.  I remember wanting to touch the sky and you picking me up to get there.  I drive on the right side of the road on the Interstate.  I try not to worry as much because you always said not to...

One day, we'll be together again.  We'll laugh, play, sing, dance, and talk about what I know....

Love You,
Jennifer

~JourneywithJennifer~

He will wipe every team from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. (Revelation 21:4 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.