Thursday, June 21, 2012

starting again!

This week we started another Biggest Loser Contest at work!  I am anticipating the endless possiblities of weight loss and I am also anticipating the burden!

I feel like being a part of a contest is setting me up for a loss. Not in the form of weight loss, but in the form of pressure to compete with others.  I didn't gain or lose this week, but it doesn't mean that next week won't bring those pounds back to me because I decided to take a week off.  I am not sure of much about my weight loss goal, but I do like..........

1. Shopping for clothes in my closet.  I didn't get back to 140 pounds, but I did get back into my size 8 pants.  I am loving wearing something different... I wore the same four pairs of pants for several months because I refused to buy another size.  My clothes were a little tight, but it feels good not having clothes that don't fit me anymore because they're too big!

2. Eating less! Eating more fruits, veggies, and protein.  I am not all about fried food anymore.  I am loving my salads and the variety offered.  A nice green salad with sandwich meat, trail mix (raisins, almonds, cashews, and sunflower seed kernels, and pineapples) makes up a mean salad.  I only need a teaspoon of salad dressing, which is not even a full serving.

3. Being able to bend over to tie my shoe laces and not feeling that awful pain in my gut!

4. Feeling like I've met a goal and am half way through my journey!  I haven't felt like I've accomplished much in years in terms of physical fitness.  I've had a long two years of surgeries and feel like my time is now!

5.  Getting back to the FIRM workout videos!  The wait is over.  I start my cardio overdrive next week!

I listed five things that really have me going... I am now going to take that 1 burden to the Lord.  He says I can cast all my cares on Him. He will take care of me and answer my prayers...I will not let the contest become a burden.  This will be my time to practice what I preach and do something valuable with what I've learned about me and my healthy lifestyle journey.  Not because of me, but because of Him and all that He gives me!

In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence (Ephesians 3:12 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.