Sunday, June 10, 2012

A number on the scale

Wow!  Our Biggest Loser Contest ended this past week and I cannot believe three months have gone by already.  I am excited to say that it was a great acomplishment for me and the start of an awesome journey.  This contest gave me the courage to write, to blog.  It also gave me the opportunity to look at my life and really see me.  What am I doing is the question I ask every time I start to write.  Sometimes it feels like I am on top of the world and at others, it feels like there's so much more I can be doing each day.  I must say that I started out not really sure of what to do or how to approach losing weight.  I had gone down this road a few times and each time a different approach was taken, always reaching the goal..  I must say that I realized that it's a journey and not something to be taken lightly or accomplished easily.  Because even though I made it to where I wanted to be, I never stayed there.  That leads to a truth - I haven't accomplished my true goal  - to really be true to me. 

My life isn't about the number on the scale, it's about who I am on the inside.  It's about God's purpose and plan for my life.  I know that plan includes being a vessel through which he can use me as a member of His Family to accomplish His plan for us.  His plan, which is greater than I could ever imagine, is what I seek.  So as much as I want to say this is about me, I have to say it's even bigger.  My God has given me so much in life and he wants me to give even more.  To do so, I must be at my very best.  Me + Healthy Foods + Exercise+ Active participation in my Faith = Better You and Better Me. 

Oh yeah, the contest. ...I think we all learned to live healthier lives.  We exercised, ate healthy foods, and we lost well over a hundred pounds.  One day, one bite, one pound, one size and one step at a time.

Praise God!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of others.